subsonic is a open protocol for music apps. it lets you take advantage of inter.tube from native and mobile apps.
- re: authentication
- supported features
|username||(your e-mail address)|
|password||(your inter.tube password)|
legacy mode, "force plain-text password", etc.
(only required/exists for certain apps, see below)
・ inter.tube uses the "old style" of authentication that includes your password as a parameter in the URL.
・ the "new style" which sends a hash of your password and a salt is not supported because it would require us to store your password in plain text to authenticate you!
・ inter.tube securely hashses your password, so we require the old auth method.
・ it is mandatory to use HTTPS with inter.tube, this requirement keeps your password safe (apps that do not support HTTPS will not work)
- 👍 basic stuff
- 👍 album art
- 👍 search
- 👍 sorting by recent, new, etc
- 👍 starring (favoriting)
- 👍 proper pagination
- 👍 playlists
- ❌ bookmarks (TODO)
- ❌ chat
- ❌ podcasts (let me know if you want it)
- ❌ similar artists (maybe?)
- ❌ lyrics
- ❌ last.fm integration (coming soon?)
support status: excellent
download: app store link ($$$)
- Tap the "play:Sub" menu icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the name of the server in the first menu item
- Tap "Selected server"
- Tap "Add server"
- Fill in the server address, server name, username, password as below
support status: excellent? (need more testing)
download: play store link
- Tap the Settings icon on the bottom right
- Tap Add server
- Fill in the server address, username, password as below
- Enable "force plain text password"
many more apps are supported, tutorials coming soon(tm)